Pet Sitting ...

boxergirl

I'm a self-confessed softie when it comes to dogs ... well actually most animals !

With the estate agency business not doing well, I thought it about time to do something I really love doing instead ...

Is there much call for pet sitters ?

Can I have your thoughts ?

Post edited by the moderators. Please do not advertise your services on the forum.

There are a dutch couple not far from us who offer this service.  They are dog lovers but don't have one themselves due to holiday/travelling but do welcome dogs into their home (from only 1 family at a time) and treat them as they would their own.  Sleep in the kitchen/lounge, lovely long walks and lots of tlc.  Owners take the dogs bed, bowls and toys so they are home from home.  They also take them for a day if the owners are reluctant to leave them alone whilst site seeing/shopping etc.  Have a friend who uses this facility regularly and is very pleased with the care.  From what I can gather they are in demand, especially during the summer months.

That's cool, thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I'd thought about the idea of doing it in someone's house so house/pet sitting at the same time.  Or having the dogs at my house - not a problem either way.

I'm in dept 31, so there's quite a few English around here if I was going to try and go for that market. 

How dId you know! Yes I want a months holiday, please! However, I would have to take my little dog with me though. [:D]

I don't need it at the moment but would like to know of someone relatively near when we do. Like yourself, chances of these Dutch people being near me is a real longshot. But worth an ask.[:)]

Lucky guess !!! 

Absolutely ... you never know, they just may be close to you.  I'm sure you'll find someone near, there are an awful lot of us animal lovers around !!   [;-)]

Post edited by the moderators. Please do not advertise your services on the forum.

• 1 month later...