pet passport renewal

JohnD

I don't understand the question as Pet Passports are on-going with annual vacination being required to keep them up to date.

The only time you will need to go through the process again is if you have let the boosters lapse.

I have a friend in the UK who needed extra pages inserted into the pet passport (existing ones full up).  Her vet contacted DEFRA who authorised this and supplied the pages and the vet stamped them and attached them to the passport.  The vet made a charge for this.  I should ask the vet for a quote.

Bernice

Bernice,

Thank you for the information.

My vet has quoted " about £60 ", and as he has already taken £600.00 from me for an operation on Honeys' cruciate ligament this year,  I think the time has come to find a new vet.

Regards

Johnd

What a rip-off! So long as the rabies jab/tests haven't expired, meaning you'd need to start from scratch, there 'should' be no charge! Or a minimal one at most/

Pye used up her first passport about 6 months ago (15 return trips in 3 years!), and my vet simply transcribed the necessary details to a new one, stamped it, and gave it me for free. The passport itself costs them nothing, it's the vaccinations that cost. Though I would have happily paid him for the 5 minutes it will have taken him to copy over the info accurately.

There was no mention of additional pages, just a new passport. I hope she gets through many more in her travels with me :)

I was advised to carry the old one with me for a couple of trips, in case of queries, which I did, but no-one asked to see it.

Our French vet renewed Noddy's (Monsieur Oui Oui's) French passport at annual booster time by sticking the new vignette from the booster into the new passport and by transcribing the other information as described above,  including most importantly the original seriological test info.   If he charged anything (which I doubt) it was only a few €'s.    We carry both old and new but Calais P&O were perfectly happy with the new one.

Although our Devon vets are excellent,   they did charge for the issue of Oliver's passport back in 1999 ish,  whereas Noddy's in France was free.   We now get as many innocs etc done in France rather than Britain for eceonomic reasons.