blood in cat's urine

chocccie

I've seen a tinge of pink in one of my cat's urine.  Any ideas what this could be a sign of?  Anything I can do to help?  If it perists, then I'll take her to the vets, but just wondered if anybody has come across this. 

I'm sure lots of things could cause it.  I know worms can give a show of blood in the faeces, but is the same true for urine.  I've just realised that they are long overdue a worm tablet.

I would take her to the vets right away.  I lost a dog when he had pink urine even tho' we took him to the vet at once.  We were too late, he had a tumour of the bladder and it had been going on for some time but we hadn't seen it before.  It is probably something very minor and nothing to worry about but it would be better for the vet to be able to tell you that.

No there is nothong you can do - but as othrs have said, lots a vet can do.

Just to turn away a bit from the sad postings of dire problems, it can be as simple s a bladder infection (which is what one of ours had) - but it's still the vet to make the call and prescribe the right meds..

Good luck

just got back from vets.  Doesn't look like anything serious - she's had an anti-biotic injection as a treatment for cystitis so hopefully that will do the trick.

Funny how the most fierce of cats turn completely docile in the vets and make a liar out of you when you tell the vet to be careful cos she bites!

I've just opened a nice tin of food for her as a reward for letting me spend (another) 80 Euro on her!!  [:D]

Thanks for all your kind and helpful words.  It's horrible when an animal is suffering.