Tumble Dryer

TessaT

Nothing we brought with us doesn't work, although the people who really truly know about electricity say some things don't work as well. They are probably right; for instance, I am convinced my iron is not as hot, and the kettle takes longer to boil.

My tumble drier was bought by us for mother in law as a present in 1978 (still have the receipt) and when she died in 1990 we bought it over here and have been using it every winter since without any problems at. Lovely thing is that being an english hole, you can dry large quilts which the small french holes don't allow in either washers or driers.

The nominal voltage in the UK is 240v and that in France is 230v, so that if (and it's a big if) both were exactly where they should be, your UK appliances are getting 95.8% of the current they require. This means that if your kettle used to boil a given quantity of water in 2 minutes it will now take about six seconds longer. But variation in the current means that it could vary by more than that from one day to the next even in the same country.