Greyhound Gap Lurcher Ben lost in Paris

greyhoundgap

Ben's owner moved to Paris a few weeks ago and Ben was lost last Wednesday, we just heard today.

To keep up to date with what is going on please go to and Ben's details including his microchip number please go to

[url]http://www.chien-perdu.org/15382-chien-perdu-a-paris[/url]

If you are or have any contacts in Paris then please pass this link to them.

[img]http://www.chien-perdu.org/data/photos/15382_large.jpg[/img]

Ben's chip number is in the process of being logged on the French database.

Thanks

Nettie

• 2 weeks later...

Now that he is safely home, we might ask why he went walkabout, at this difficult time?

My feeling is that he is a old dog fonctionnaire who did not want to do tricks past his tenth birthday, as well as having improved grub at home and wanting work for all those little pups he has fathered during his time off. So, he joined the strikers and went walkabout with them, lying down in the road and fa**ing when the CRS tried to pick him up, then when they started petting him, he lifted his leg on them or even worse, rog**ed their leggings. Ah the power of the canine strikers to wee fear into the strongest men.

And then, he sought political asylum but was rejected because they have a no dog policy. Had he gone to the Korean embassy next door, he would have had a warmer reception, even taken part in a banquet.

But as a pup he was a gay dog who did not gather bones for the future and is now broken hearted that he has to pay the price for his profligacy.

Poor old chap, safe home again after his weeks on the streets, loved, valued and a wiser old dog.

He was found because I think its fair to say his owner plastered Paris with over 1000 posters, rented a car so he could watch areas at night where Ben had been spotted, people were kind enough to phone when they had sighted him although they weren't always sightings of Ben. Ted followed each one up though. It was fortunate that Ted had left a poster on Friday afternoon at the police station where Ben was taken when he was picked up and they recognised him and called Ted so there was a happy reunion. Ben was about 4km from where he went missing - he was tied up outside a shop for a few minutes, something frightened him and he bolted snapping the D ring off his collar.

There were so many people in Paris aware of his loss that it was only a matter of time before he was picked up - however dogs can go feral very quickly when straying and are therefore try and avoid people where possible.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Just a word of warning in general, never tie a dog up outside a shop.  Apart from breaking loose, they can be very easily and quickly stolen.  There is a terrible dog racket, they are even snatching them from people when walking them on the lead.

http://www.entre-chien-et-nous.fr/vol-de-chiens.html

[/quote]

That's been a problem in the UK for a long time, my dogs don't even get left in the car if I can't see them, not even for a few minutes. I know of a lady in salukis who had her home broken into for her dogs twice, the second time the theives shot the GSD she'd bought as a guard dog - this was all in the UK some years ago.