Cost of Neutering Cats

Suninfrance

A friend was adopted by a female cat last year, who then went on to produce 3 kittens - 1 male, 2 female.  Unfortunately the male is no longer with us, but this means that my friend is left with 3 female cats that now need to be spayed.  One local vet wants €107 each another local vet wants €102 for each cat - this is way too much for my friends to fork out.  They phoned their old vet in England just to see how the prices compared and the vet in England said £26 per cat.  What a  difference!!!!!

Is there any organisation in France that will spay these cats for a lot less money, bearing in mind these cats are semi feral.

Look forward to your replies.

That's in keeping with what I paid to get mine done.

Your friend could try the Dispensaires de la SPA, which tend to have "real costs" pricing, but they are thin on the ground (map here).

It could be worth trying a Veterinary school, as their students need the practice ans the costs are also more reasonable, but they are under no obligation to accept...

We are in Haute Vienne, and once a year (February I think ...) the vets in the area have a reduced offer on sterilisation for cats. My neighbour had his two toms done a couple of years ago for 20 euros each.

Sorry probably not much help as I am not sure whether every area does this - if you give your local SPA a call they may have the information.