Out of the frying pan..........

I hope not into the fire. I'm moving to France in the Lot area next week and will be glad to get away from these earthquakes we've been having. I've rented for 6 months. I am very nervous about buying a house there after reading all the pitfalls on your site. So I shall probably have lots of questions as they come up ..........'m O K with French and obviously hope to join the local community but I would like to make contact with english speakers as I haven't lived in an english speaking country for over 30 years so if any expats know of anything going on in the area please let me know.

edit: forgot to say, I'm in Japan.

No offence intended to the poster or anyone and especially the truly beautiful departement of 46, I love it, honestly, and would be very happy living there myself (whereabouts are you?).  It's just the thought crossed my mind that landing in certain corners of the Lot you may well be back in an English speaking country again for the first time in 30 years! 

Seriously though, where else have you been besides Japan?  We've been gone a long time too and, like you, tend to check out the English speaking community as soon as we arrive.  In fact, to the horror of many I'm sure, a busy-ish expat scene is of great appeal to us.

M

Hi Newtoarea

I'm in Japan too. Where are you?

A friend got caught in the latest earthquake in Niigata so what with typhoons and quakes I'm out of here and moving to France early next year.

Give me an email. Perhaps we can exchange info.

Coral - soon to be in the Ariege - I hope