Dog food and meds

pouyade

I have had a quick search without joy - I would be interested to hear views on the best websites for buying dog food either for delivery here in UK or for delivery to France as well as a reputable website for purchase of tick/ fleas /wormer meds.

Many thanks in advance,

Pouyade

http://www.seulementnaturel.com/site/

http://www.vet-medic.com/pl2_Cats+And+Dogs_Flea+%5Ba%5D+Tick+Treatments_Spot+Ons_CATDOG_FLEA_SPOT.htm

I get all my dog food from the top one and all my wormers and flea treatments from the second.  I have lots of dogs and so bulk orders come with free delivery and the products are second to none - in my opinion!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

You could try Croft Pet Foods. They are a nice family company and deliver all kinds of petfoods and accessories to France via Sterling Shopping and are very helpful and reliable. They also have a stock of wormers etc and can give advice.

Hope that helps! You have to ring them up as their website isn't set up for ordering online, but it's very easy. www.croftpetfoods.co.uk

At the last minute we decided to go skiing last week (got back yesterday around midnight). Concerned that there wouldn't be enough food for the dogs and unwilling to get our daughter, who was dog sitting, to buy it at shop prices locally, I ordered from zooplus (uk site for uk address) literally an hour before we left. It arrived 3 working days later, very good service. I will look at the other links when I next need an order, hopefully I will have more time than I did on this occasion!

I did notice that zooplus uk offer delivery to France - is there any difference in price/ service between using the UK site as opposed to the French one for delivery to/in France? Or is it merely a handy alternative language wise but actually one central offer?

Pouyade

I buy from the UK site because I am paid in £ sterling and pay for every £ I convert into a €. The product I buy (2 x7.5kg Purina Pro Plan) costs £103.98 on the UK site and 139.80€ from France, thus with exchange rates being what they are it makes more sense for me to buy from the UK site.   I reckon you just have to compare one with the other, and weigh it up depending upon exchange rates, what currency you are paid in etc.

• 1 month later...
Like Cooperlola, I order from the Zooplus UK site as I prefer to pay in sterling.  But the parcel always comes from Germany or the Netherlands (I can't remember exactly offhand) which is probably one of the reasons delivery is so prompt  - sometimes just 2-3 days to the rural depths of SW France.

Val

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update on MEDICANIMAL whom I recommended at the beginning of this thread.

I ordered something from them the other day, only to discover that their software would now only accept payments in Euros from a French address.  I sent them an e-mail because I was a bit annoyed, since one of the great reasons for using them is that I can pay in sterling and avoid exchange rate costs.  They sent me a very nice reply and said that if I ordered by phone, then they could take sterling payments without a problem.  They also said they were looking into it and trying to get the software sorted so that the problem won't occur in the future.  Pretty good I thought.  My order got sorted (in sterling) and turned up three days later.[:)]

I used to use Chemist direct but they are now charging loads more for postage (£7.50 basic, plus more for heavyweight items), whereas Medicanimal and Zooplus are free over a certain amount.

Petmeds, I admit I have not tried, but I will look at them too - thanks Mel.

[quote user="connolls"]Hi, Just to let you know I've just ordered my latest batchs of Drontal and Frontline from Chemist Direct and my P&P only came to £5.17. Best Wishes Mel.[/quote]That's not too bad then.  I just remember the last time I tried to get a load of stuff from them and it came to about £15 whereas in the past it was £7.50 regardless.  Of course, it was for heavier stuff than wormers and flea treatment.[:)]  It was then that I changed to Medicanimal who were free.

• 2 months later...

I normally buy Butcher’s Superior and Winalot Classics in the UK but I am not familiar with most brands listed on Zooplus etc.

Any recommendations for a good complete wet dog food such as Arden Grange or Yarrah please?