Vet in the Vendee

Moulin

I’m in the process of getting my dog a passport and intend to take him over with me at Christmas.

I’ve heard horror stories about problems on the return journey due to incorrect paperwork from french vets so can anyone recommend a vet in the La Roche / Les Sables area of the Vendee who has experience of what is required? I imagine this question must have been asked a hundred times before but for that matter exactly what is required?

moulin

Don't let the "horror stories" put you off...it's far less trouble then most of the posters on this site would let you think. The vast majority of vets in the Vendee speak English...there's an excellent one in Lucon..who speaks English better then me!!!

[quote]Don't let the "horror stories" put you off...it's far less trouble then most of the posters on this site would let you think. The vast majority of vets in the Vendee speak English...there's an excelle...[/quote]

Shane McGowan speaks better English than you Boggie (or so I am told, or is it allegedly, can never work out which is the best one to use to avoid litigation)

[quote]Shane McGowan speaks better English than you Boggie (or so I am told, or is it allegedly, can never work out which is the best one to use to avoid litigation)[/quote]

Hey Miki...you will find this funny...spoke to vet last week in English...she couldn't understand me...so switched to French...still no luck...tried Yiddish...still nothing...switched to "er in doors"....worked like a charm!...To add insult to injury...vet comes to dinner once a month!!!!!

[quote]Hey Miki...you will find this funny...spoke to vet last week in English...she couldn't understand me...so switched to French...still no luck...tried Yiddish...still nothing...switched to "er in doors"...[/quote]

Oy vay Boggie, we get by eh ?

'ow do yer fink the frenchies comprenez me so well then mush ! French wiv a West London accent is as good as 'aving a Celtic brogue

• 2 weeks later...

Clinique Veterinaire D'Aunis

94 rue des Carrieres

85400 Lucon

02 51 27 90 98

Going from Lucon towards HyperU...go over roundabout with HyperU on your left...at X-roads..vet is on left corner.

Receptionist does not speak English well...if at all!!!!

• 6 years later...
Hi, I know it's been awhile since the entry, but I'm trying to find a Vet that treats rabbits. It is proving a tad difficult. Would you have an email or fax no. for the D'Aunis in lucon.

If you or anyone knows of a good rabbit vet please let me know.

Thanks, Nette