A warning to ladies who keep cats

NormanH

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

My computer will never let me get Telegraph links and I don't understand why.  I'll have to try to find the article another way, if I haven't committed suicide by then!

[/quote]

Perhaps ,your computer has been blessed from above !

Looks like I will be killing myself four times over then. [B] Sorry but every day we get something else that is going to kill us soon, last week it was another Coca Cola scare, today catshit, tomorrow killer tomatoes or toxic merguez??

If you take sensible precautions when handing cat litter, I have three plastic liners in our tray and just lift the whole lot out and bag up so I never ever touch the soiled stuff and alway wash my hands well too, common sense.

I'm sure that the ladies here are very well aware of hygiene, but a couple of times in my life I have come across 'cat ladies' surrounded by animals in poor conditions.

One of the worst was my Mother in Law who had well over 30 semi-feral cats that she couldn't afford feed or have a vet to care for. She was also a devout Catholic who refused to have then neutered because the Pope ruled against contraception!

The conditions in her home were indescribable and reading the article I wondered if her very 'dotty' attitude came from that.

I've read this a couple of times now and still can't figure out how they come to the conclusion that it affects women in this way but not men since it doesn't seem that men were tested at all?  The whole thing seems very skewed and sexist in its approach so makes me doubt their bizarre conclusions.  Of course it's not a good idea to ingest cr*p of any variety is it?  Wear gloves when dealing with it and wash your hands.  Common sense, surely?  I don't suppose that eating human, elephant, dobbin, pig or any other variety of sh* t is exactly good for you, is it?