going back with dogs

johnycarper

I know its all on the forum but just want to check so no mistakes at the port,If I am taking two dogs back as long as I have them jabbed on a Saturday they can travel on Monday and everything is up to date as far as their passports.Just booked Brittany back from la havre and me the car two dogs in a per friendly cabin £151 did not think thats bad for them.

Not sure exactly what you mean by Jabbed JC.

If they have up to date inoculations and this is principally for rabies then all well and good. If the rabies has been allowed to lapse - by even one day - then they have to be re-vaccinated and you have to wait a minimum 21 days before travel.

Regarding worming and parasite treatment, I am not sure what exactly s required since I am a cat person and the rules are different. I have it in mind though that 24hours is the requirement.

andyh4 is right-the rabies must be up to date and have no gaps. If your dog has no current rabies vaccination then the 21 days must elapse between injection and travel. Dogs must go to the vet between 1 and 5 days before travel for worming ect. Our vet also gives ours a quick health check and stamps the passport.

A friend used BF with a pet friendly cabin and said it wasn't worthwhile. There is no area to walk dogs and she said there were lots of dogs howling and barking from cabins were they had been left by their owners. Our dog traveks in the back of the car where she stays throughout the crossing. She has her own bedding so everything smells of home. She never seems stressed or worried when we return to the car.