Much more important use than the bitchy nonsense that has dominated the last few days

woolybanana

My big doggy is 14 today and a bit creaky round the joints. He has been a wonderful companion over the years and I love him dearly. Nowadays he follows me round the house and garden very closely unless the hosepipe is in use. It can be dangerous to cut the grass sometimes.

He loves kids to bits and literally runs circles with my grandson.... oh and he really adores Angela from the bottom of his doggy heart, forever and ever and ever!

Keep going Benny.??, we all love you.

We have lost two dogs over the past year or so, both terriers and both having reached the ripe old age of 17.

Although you know they have gone, you still half expect to see them waiting for you at the gate or door when you return home.

Damned pets!

Ah sweet.  I hope you have many more years together.

We lost our collie in April of 2014.  It was heartbreaking.  He was the most wonderful friend and companion.  We all miss him every single day.  The pain was so much that I have said no to any further furry companions.  It is just far too heartbreaking when they leave us.

Enjoy the years you have.

Lori, I feel exactly like you.  We didn't come to France until both our cats had died and could be buried together.

Lost our dog in 2017 and talking about her can still bring tears.

Now there are 2 cats that we feed but I do not want to own them and they are not allowed in all the rooms.  They seem to have other places that they "visit" as they are not always hungry.

Black and white, mother was black lab, father could have been, well, there is a bit of English setter In the paws, strong bit of border collie...... anyone in the village really. Exceptionally gentle, undemanding, very sensitive... No, Norman it is a he and I am not gay.

Happy birthday Benny!

Sadly I lost 2 dogs in 4 months, aged 12 and around 16. During lockdown I decided getting another rescue dog was a good idea, company for me and it would force me to go out. I thought a small-medium older dog would be suitable but I have been checking every rescue site I can think of and there are only big dogs.