New Style Macaron?

I've just got my blue badge (4 months after having applied for it).  It's just an encapsulated cardboard thing but I notice that others I have seen have a time clock disc incorporated into them.  Do I take it they've changed or is mine missing a vital element?

My mother's (UK) one has two parts - the badge showing validity, and a separate clock (also blue). This is newish (2 years ago - beofre that it was an all-in-one card). She gets a new badge every year, but is supposed to recycle the clock.  Maybe the powers-wot-be thought you had a clock card already???

probably no help whatsoever, but I try!

[quote user="Fi"]Is it some sort of macaroon? 
[/quote]

Nah Macaroons  are French speaking West african immigrants [;-)]

Yes you are right, a traditional Picard delicacy made with almond paste, smaller than what we consider to be macaroons and very yummy I just dont get why people are willing to pay so much money for them.

[quote user="Âme"]Coops - OH didn't get a clock with his French issued Carte Européen de Stationnement either, just the dated photo card.  He got it about a year ago.

[/quote]They have obviously changed then so I will not worry, thanks.  I've got the normal disc anyway so can use them in conjunction.

Just one "o" in this sort of macaron, chaps.[;-)]

[quote user="cooperlola"]I've just got my blue badge (4 months after having applied for it).  It's just an encapsulated cardboard thing but I notice that others I have seen have a time clock disc incorporated into them.  Do I take it they've changed or is mine missing a vital element?[/quote]

Mrs Benjamin received her first macaron in January 2005 and it was re-issued for 10 years in January this year. She's never been given a time clock to go with it. If you think about it the only motoring benefit you gain is the ability to park in designated bays. As these are normally situated near to entrances/exits it can mean the difference of making the shop on foot or having to go by wheelchair.

You don't get the benefit of free parking or being able to overstay as you do in the UK.

When we use the badge in the UK we always leave a note on the dashboard explaining that clock badges are not issued in France and then we add the time that we parked. Never had any trouble from the yellow perils.  [:D]