CPAM Attestation - What does this mean for me?

I recently registered with CPAM with forms E121 (long term UK incapacity benefit for me) and my wife as beneficiary.

Today we received our Attestation with one Social Security number. My first question is.....are we as a couple given ONE Social Security number? or will my wife receive a number in due course (she still has to register with a GP)

Secondly, in the "assuré et bénéficiaire(s)" part under my name, it says "100% sauf médicaments vignettes bleues (-35%)

and

Invalidité 100% du 1/4/2010 au 31/12/2011 sauf vignettes bleues"

Would someone be as good as to decipher this part for me. I realise this refers to the spinal injury for which I have UK Incapacity benefit entitlement (although I do not receive anything!).

Today we also took out a complimentaire santé assurance so hopefully should not have to pay too much should the worse happen.

Thanks in advance.

When you take a prescription to the Chemist you will see that each box  has a sticky label on it which is peeled off and re stuck to the prescription, which the Chemist then sends off to be paid.

There are 4 different colours in descending order of how much  will be reimbursed.

With your 100% , until December 2011 you don't have to pay anything for the first two categories, but for  the medicines with a blue label you (or your Mutuelle) have to pay 65%

This explains the 4 colour codes:

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/soins-et-remboursements/combien-serez-vous-rembourse/medicaments-et-vaccins/remboursement-des-medicaments-et-tiers-payant/quels-remboursements-pour-vos-medicaments.php

I think you may also fond that the medicines on this list are only reimbursed at 15% since 17th April:

http://www.ameli.fr/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/liste-jo-20100416.pdf

[quote user="brodie19"]I recently registered with CPAM with forms E121 (long term UK incapacity benefit for me) and my wife as beneficiary. Today we received our Attestation with one Social Security number. My first question is.....are we as a couple given ONE Social Security number? or will my wife receive a number in due course (she still has to register with a GP) [/quote]

You should get forms through shortly for your photo Carte Vitales - they simply require a passport type photo and to be sent off (to Lille or somewhere like that) and you get the cards back in couple of weeks. Your wife will have a different number, though the two are 'linked'.

My Carte Vitale has the same number as my husband.  He is the pensioner and I am his dependant.  It doesn't seem to cause any problems.....fingers crossed.  I assume that if I ever catch up with the UK pensionable age (fast heading away from me), I will get my own number. (?)

Chrissie (81)

Yes, you get a new number when you register your own E121 (or whatever it is now).  Don't forget to make sure they transfer your "choice" of generalist as well as other info.  They failed to do this with mine and so repayments were reduced and had to be sorted out.

Mrs H