Information for people with disabilities?

Hi

[:'(]We're travelling to France next month for a 5 week holiday in our caravan and have been trying to get as much information as we can when visiting places as my husband is in a wheelchair. I have spent ages trying to access the Borbeaux tourist site and even emailing them for information as to the trams into Bordeaux from Blaye (which is where we are staying) being accessible etc and or the parking for cars with blue badges. My French is quite good but i am at a loss as to any information thus far so in desperation i am posting this to see if there is any one oout there who can suggest a source whereby i can get information please!

Loella

[quote user="loella"]We're travelling to France next month for a 5 week holiday in our caravan and have been trying to get as much information as we can when visiting places as my husband is in a wheelchair. I have spent ages trying to access the Borbeaux tourist site and even emailing them for information as to the trams into Bordeaux from Blaye (which is where we are staying) being accessible etc and or the parking for cars with blue badges. My French is quite good but i am at a loss as to any information thus far so in desperation i am posting this to see if there is any one oout there who can suggest a source whereby i can get information please![/quote]

According to the Bordeaux Transport website:

http://www.infotbc.com/le-reseau-tbc/le-reseau-accessible

newer buses are equipped with ramps and the whole of the tramway network is wheelchair-accessible.

I suggest you do a search on the Forum for blue badge information: your UK badge ought to be recognised, but there is a useful leaflet that you might want to download and display alongside your badge to ensure that you do not get booked.

Regards

Pickles

Hi, the centre of Bordeaux is very accessible. The trams are modern and spacious and easily accessible for people in wheelchairs, this will be the simplest way for you to travel round the city. For more information, you could try contacting the Conseil ville et handicape: http://www.bordeaux.fr/ebx/portals/ebx.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pgPresStand8&classofcontent=presentationStandard&id=921

Bon courage