COTOREP and Invalidity card

stan

I moved to France last year with a blue disabled badge as the only physical evidence in my possession of disability.

I have a UK govt ill health pension. I realise I have to go through COTOREP to obtain a carte d`invalidite. My doctor here in France only has the briefest of details as regards my disability and obviously no medical records here. The only reference he has to my disability is the " invalidité100% du (date) au (date)" on my CPAM Attestation, and of course the "Invalidity" endorsement under section 3 of my E121 form, which CPAM have.

In order for COTOREP to consider a carte d`invalidité, do I have to undergo, yet again, the complete raft of tests and examinations to confirm my disability in France?

Any advice appreciated.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

It's not COTOREP now but MDPH.

All the info' is here:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2446.xhtml

including the links to the two forms you need.  Your doctor fills one in and you the other - it will take about 6 months to come through.  Yes, I'm afraid a medic' here must confirm your incapacity.

[/quote]

Thanks for that cooperola. I am aware that a doctor here must confirm my incapacity by endorsing the MDPH form, but how does that confirmation come about? As per my initial post, does that mean I have to go through all the tests again to establish a French record of disability, or can my doctor, state that I am disabled as per the 100% figure stated on the CPAM Attestation? (and the E121).

I don't see how your doctor can complete the MDPH form certifying the full extent of your disability without putting you through the various tests and examinations. The E121 and CPAM attestation don't tell him anything other than you are unfit for work and therefore receive 100% reimbursement of your medical costs.

Thanks Sunday Driver, that was the answer I was looking for. Its a pity there is not such as thing as a health equivalent of the double taxation treaty, ie tests done once/medical history recognised in France! Back to the docs!

Ah non, I never want that, ever. Conditions change and some people actually improve or get worse and their requirements become quite different.

Many years ago I was in an organisation that fought hard for rights for people with handicaps, however, as sadly there are abuses, I would never ever want some sort of one step 'controle' test.