motability scooter Burgundy / Champagne regieon

hi guys im new to this forum and was after a little advice please, our family will be traveling to france in about a months time, we will be taking my farther with us who has very limited mobility.We have recently purchased a portable mobility scooter for him to use to give him some independence and i was wondering how easy it will be for him to be able to use ie are the pavements well equiped with drop kerbs as in the uk also would he be able to use it in shops ie supermarkets, and finaly if we were to eat in a resturant and had to leave the scooter out side how safe would it be or would it be likely to be stolen...sorry for so many questions but we are trying to prepare ourselves as best as we can so he doesnt feel left out, any feedback you can give would be greatly appreciated.[:D]

I don't know about your region, but I wouldn't worry about leaving it out side a restaurant.

Drop kerbs here are in short supply and often blocked by illegally parked cars.

Pavements can also be a nightmare.

At least with you to help he should be able to manage, but it isn't as easy as in the UK for a person in a wheelchair or scooter, as there is far less accessibility to public buildings shops etc.