Jump to content

Transfer of incapacity benefit to esa---advice needed

Recommended Posts

I have lived in France for 6 years and receive incapacitty benefit, I have just received a from from (ESA 50) the dhs in the uk. Looking through it none of the questions refer to my medical problems, I am very worried about this as I have been told that the form is used to assess your medical condition and if you don't score enough points you lose you benefit and your health cover here......has anyone else had to fill out one of these new forms, and can give me some advice please?? thanks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check out this useful guide to completion of the form ESA 50 as part of the Work Capability Assessment:


It has been written as a guide for workers such as support workers, social workers or other professionals to refer to when completing the form with clients, but will also be useful if you are completing the form for yourself.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a topic on Money Saving Expert about filling in the form and a guide is mentioned : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2048819

The form is available here :

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_172012 with supporting info.


As I understand it these checks are pretty routine now and to be expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...