Le Carnet de Sante...

Sandrahobson

I have a letter telling me that my daughter will be having a 'bilan de sante' in a couple of weeks time. It is imperative she takes her Carnet de Sante with her....being English we don't possess this item....what do I need in its place? I have her old 'red' book that covered baby to toddler type stuff and also a copy of her vaccination records from our UK GP, but that's all. Any advice, information gratefully received as ever.
Thanks
Sandra

Ps: Does anyone know how detailed this health check is? It's just that my daughter is nearly 13 and not yet fluent in French, I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or embaressed. Should I ask to attend? Is this the done thing? Thanks again.

What class in she in? Some bilans are more detailed than others. But I don't think they are too embarrassing (they don't seem to upset any of my pupils) They want the carnet de sant mainly to check that her jabs are up to date particularly the BCG and the BCG test.

Parents don't usually attend after the 6yr old check. Your situation is a bit different and you could always ask to be there though I'm not sure they'll say yes. The only problems could be that even if they have appointments they always run late and she might be more embarrassed by being the only one with mummy there.