Teaching position in Basse Normandie

DBUD

Hi again,

We are moving to Basse Normandie in the New Year near Caen, and my wife will be looking for a teaching position, can anyone advise how to go about looking for a position or how difficult it would be to find one?

Many thanks again

Darren

Nigh on impossible unless she is a very fluent french speaker and writer and has recognised qualifications for the french system, other than that no chance I am afraid. Teaching in France is one of the most sought after professions and there are many thousands chasing a few hundred vacancies each year and all french nationals.

Hi

Just a quick reply, my wife has various degrees and diplomas in modern languages, and is due to finish the TEFL cert in a month's time and is French. Does this give my wife a better chance?

My wife is also looking at maybe starting to teahc to people privatley, doea anyone know how to setup a Micro BIC?

Many thanks again

Darren

I think there is no easy answer to this one.  With a TEFL she would probably be able to get some teaching work.  However it is rarely full time 9-5 work, but perhaps this is not what she is after?  If teaching English is an aim, it is not necessarily an advantage to be French.  On the contrary, in my experience of teaching business English, for several language schools, one of their selling points was often native speaker as teachers.  That said, I have worked for English and American people here, who perhaps have other criteria to French people. 

Jane