another strike

Mistral

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news again, but there is another strike planned for next Tuesday (28th march) It's a mass multi union "grève general" so obviously the teachers will be involved. How strongly it will be followed, I don't know but I would think that quite a few will feel the need to support the students and lycéens. I would imagine the private schools won't be concerned but it's not certain as it's against a general law and not something specifically "fonctionnaire"

So far, we've been told that youngest child's carnaval has been pushed back a week but not if her teacher will be there.

More info here http://www.snes.edu/snesactu/article.php3?id_article=2015

Well our Lycée is still shut for the s econd week in a row. Today I received the obligatory absence letter asking for the motif and signature etc - DOH! How can the kids go to school if its shut and the staff know it, talk about a bl***y waste of time and my postage stamps to send the thing back. Yesterday my boy went up there at midday and a group of hardliners had really been to town smashing up the furniture they had taken outside, needless to say son and his friend left as quickly as possible so they wouldn't be involved and us, the parents get an invoice for the damage which is what is going to happen. A point is a point but when vandalism is used, it lowers the importance of the reason why there is a protest in the first place and people want nothing to do with it.