Fitted fridge and duel fuel hob

Diana

I need to replace a fitted frige in France. I am not even sure if that is the right term in English, what I need is a fridge that is set into the kitchen units and has a matching kitchen unit door mounted on the front of it, what should I ask for in French to describe the fridge?

I also need a new hob, although we have town gas for the central heating the pipe-work is going to cost another £800 to reach the kitchen and I am not prepared to pay for it this year. However I would like to buy a new duel fuel hob so it can run on town gas in the future. Will an electric/gas hob work initially on bottled gas and then on town gas?

Thank you

Diana

Probably an integral fridge, although there is another term encastrable, and as I have neither, am not sure which is used for which fitting in process.

Yes, you will be able to get a hob with dual fuels that runs off bottled gas initially. However, make sure that they know that you will be using bottled gas when you buy your hob, so that they give you the right burners. Then when you change over to natural gas, you will need to change the burners.

Hi Diana,

Pop into your nearest branch of Hygena (or find them in the yellow pages re this link)   http://wfa.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en

Their catalogue has a range of frigo's integré & some will be at sale prices after 12th this month. They also do a range of gas hobs (as do BUT, Conforama, Castorama & many of the Brico's). We  have a gas hob from Hygena - it works from both mains gas and also from cubes or canisters. PM me if you need more info.

Thanks Teamedup and Penny

I know where the local Hygena is. I will pop in and get a catalogue. I always think catalogues are a good way to learn new language, all those nice little pictures with the descriptions by the side.

Diana