Re: Permission to leave country on school trip

Clair

It's a normal request:

A French under-age child needs either a passport or an ID card+parents written permission to leave the country.

An under-age national of an EU country needs his/her own passport delivered by the relevant authorities in his/her country.

When my son went to Spain with college last year I had the same request.  Popped round to the Marie and they gave me 'a permission for exit certificate' (details of his name and ours, date of birth and passport number) which I had to sign and then filled in the relevant details in her file again with my signature. Seems this is a regular occurance in our village as there were a good few children having been listed for the year. This certificate was valid for a year.  Hope this helps.

As Clair suggests, you don't actually need this as she is travelling on a passport rather than an ID card. You need the head teacher to do more than mutter, you need to know whether they want them to have individual ones or if there will be a collective one.  A school trip I helped organise with a clueless head teacher had them all traipsing (sp?) to the town hall, my husband took a group to Auschwitz and somehow managed a group one.  The school should clarify, check her carnet de correspondance.

• 2 weeks later...