Leaving the French education System

Joy1

Hi. We have decided to send our son back to the UK to live with his grandparents and begin GCSE's. Can anyone ( Panda?) tell me if we need to get a certificate from his school here in Normandy? What do we need to tell the school here? Thanks Joy

Hello Joy

The french school will issue you with a certificate (de radiation) when you tell them you are taking him out but the UK have no use for this in my experience, it's more a administritive thing for the French school.

Panda

Thanks Panda. Did you have to get the school admissions form for the UK signed by the school in France? I have explained to the education authority that the form is all in english and a school in France will not be able to complete it- hoping it's OK! They said they just need his attendance figures for france so I suggested sending a copy of his report. It is very difficult trying to sort all this out during the holidays- but we really want him to start on Sept 7th! Joy

Thanks again Panda- hope I can give them enough information!! Hopefully my son will enjoy returning to the UK system as much as your son has! Just wish we were all going- still trying to sell the house, not much happening as it's August! Joy

Hi Joy

I'm sure your son will do really well.  My son is really enjoying the broad spectrum of activities now available to him in the holidays.  He has notched up a weeks sailing, a week in football camp and is this week receiving tennis coaching.  His social skills and confidence have improved a great deal now that he is mixing with new kids everyday, in France we could go weeks and not interact with another child in the holidays so life is more interesting for him.  We were too rural in France amd although I am living in rural England now there is a huge amount more for him to do on our doorstep.  He is a much happier child and at the end of the day that's what it's all about for me.

Good luck and chin up it will all fall into place.

Panda