Still waiting for CAF....

Fi

What is an acceptable time for CAF to process an application?

I applied for child benefit at the beginning of April - I had everything requested - proofs of everything, letter from the Dutch authorities confirming they were no longer paying us, tax returns, payslips, passports, RIB, inside leg measurements, dog's passport etc etc. 

I went to the local permanence in the middle of July and they said that the dutch paperwork was still being translated but she would hurry them up and we should hear something soon.

Still haven't received any confirmation that they are even dealing with our application, let alone come to any decision.

We have also applied to the Maison des Personnes Handicapes for extra benefits for our youngest son who is autistic.  They have at least made a start, and they have agreed to pay his travel costs to and from the special school, and we have a certificate stating what level of handicap he has.  But no decision/notification for any benefit payments.

But no money from anyone.  We really need something soon.   I know when they finally decide it will be back-dated and we will get a nice lump of money, but that won't really help with our current financial situation.

There doesn't seem to be much point in nagging them in August for obvious reasons, but this does seem to be rather a long time to wait with no communication whatsoever.

Any thoughts from them what know?

Thanks

Fi