brevet exam in uk?

chlor

I may need to return to the uk early next year, however my eldest son who has been in french education for more than 8 years is due to take his brevet exam next year. Obviously he won't be able to take GCSE's without repeating a number of years in school so i would like to know if there is anyone that knows of a school in the uk that is french and take the brevet in the uk. I would consider living anywhere in the uk to enable him to complete his education in french as he only did his first year at school in the uk.

thank you in advance for any info

You could consider going straight to 'A' Levels.  Some home educated children skip GCSEs with no detriment to their university places.

I home educated a number of my children - you can send me a private message (PM) or email me, if you wish, for further information.

• 5 months later...

I don't think that is strictly true.  It's a bit of a fallacy that GCSEs are not important when it comes to university places. It all depends what your child wants to do. For example, my son wants to do Law. To get into any decent university he needs to get an A at GCSE in the first sitting. If he just had the brevet, which UCAS rates a equivalent to 4 GCSEs below Grade C then he wouldn't get a place. The same also for the best medical schools. Also, GCSE results are still very much taken into account by employers.

Personally, I don't think that the brevet is sufficient preparation for 6th form, and in my son's school they wouldn't take a student with just a brevet level education as it is not to a high enough standard.