mobile home

thinking off buying a mobile home on a site before we buy a house in france around the dordogne river so we can have a good look around before we buy any recommendations

as to sites .We will have one dog with us so needs to be pet friendly.

THANKS JOHN

I think you will have to do your own research on this one. Below is a link to one place as there does not seem to be that many residential ones in France.

http://www.caravansinthesun.com/france/dordogne/

There also does not seem to be many new or used for sale in general that are on site.

You need to check up on the current laws on sites and the style of mobile home if you want to buy one and place it onsite yourself. I seem to remember a few years back that now you can only have the type which have pitched roofs. You will find a lot of second hand ones for sale by the companies that replace them with newer models this time of year but then you need to find a site that will take it and of course somebody to transport it there.

i know some poeple who live in their mobile home, its on buildable land and they will eventually build a house. Its often an issue of whether the Mairie will accept or not the parking of a mobile home and is the land equipped to deal with waste water etc, etc...contact the Mairie in the chosen commune and they will no doubt give you all the details. Mobile homes are widely availble on the "boncoin.fr" in all styles and at any price and often with delivery to whereever you want to park it.

But he does not want to do that, if you read his post. He really wants to find one on a residential site ready to go as it were while he and his partner looks for somewhere to buy in the region.

Having had a look around myself it would appear that you can't buy the 'pitch' in France you have to rent it unlike say the UK and Spain. I don't know if that has something to do with some law or just that the site owners prefer to control the land usage.

yes, miss-read the email.....i suppose you could contact a local mobile/caravan park and negotiate long stay rental...although i should think the season will start around April in the Dordogne region, it starts in March on the Med as it is and the prices usually change. Anyway, all the details could be negotiated with a park owner who would like to accommodate a family for long stay. Have you thought about renting a house or large apartment, it might be more straight forward and not necessarily a lot more money? France does have pretty strict tenancy agreements though, this needs to be considered too...