Train tickets to lycee

Shelly

Hi,

My daughter has received her tickets for the train to Lycee. The train she has to get, the only one to get her there for 8am is 6.26. I've now been told that it is a private train and she can't use her tickets. We had to pay 11 euros one way. I don't receive the bourse, just these tickets like everyone else. This is ludicrous and going to cost a fortune. She boards during the week. Anybody who's had similar problems please advise.

Thanks

Shelly

Have you asked about this at your Mairie? or the Conseille Generale/Regionale?

6.26 for 8 isn't too bad. The bus used to leave our village for the local city at 6.10 and the kids all started at 8, then their bus back each day left at 18.15, home at 10 to seven....... and they had finished at 17h. Some kids had even worse times than mine did.

That is just the way it is and I feel it should shock me, but it doesn't.  Just feels, as ever that the kids are never taken into consideration by the french school system. 

Hi, i'm not bothered about the time. I've learnt that you've just got to go with the system. It's the cost when it's supposed to be subsidised for kids boarding. My daughter translated it as being private, so not sure. They did tell me that she can't use her tickets on that train though. I've now found out there's a paper I can fill in to complain. Hopefully then the ban will be lifted on her for that train. So difficult.