short term schooling of New Zealander child

Daphne

Hello,

following the previous post about short term school, I have a particular question…

I'm French living in Nimes area, having kids in French private school, & would like to ask you an advise:

We plan for the next year a 3 months home exchange with a family of New Zealand. We have 2 boys, 3 & 14 years old, they have two girls, 3 & 5 years old. Our project is to make a home exchange and both school our children in a foreign country to improve their language and discover an other way of life. On our side, it seems to be quiet easy ( but expensive ), as New Zealand schools offer international students program.

On the French side, looks to be a bit more complicate. The school of my youngest son wouldn’t match our project as it is a Calandreta school, in Occitan language and I’m not sure what it the best way to help them to apply for a public school ( école de secteur ).

Should we contact the neighbor school and mention our 3 months project of exchange or is it better to apply as if they intend to move to France?

I wander if anyone of outside EU had been applying for a short term study in a French school?

I just discovered this forum and it’s very interesting to see an other point of view on the French schooling system ;-)

Sorry for my poor English, I’ll definitely try improve it in New Zealand!