is the GED diploma accepted in French universities?

Halnex

Hello,

I am in the process of getting the GED which is the equivalent of a High School diploma in the United States and other English speaking countries like the U.K. and Canada.

I wanted to ask if it is accepted in French universities as well.

I plan to study in Paul Valery University in Montpellier but would like to know first if any of you have any information on the subject.

I already have a friend who went to that university there and the person said that as long as it is an equivalent of highschool diploma, it will be accepted but I am still skeptical.

I also found this: http://experts-univers.com/ny-ged-eqivalence-france.html

Which says that yes it is accepted as the equivalent of a "Bac Francais" - but I really have to make sure it does.

If you really have to make sure, and it's the greatest respect to you, then this probably isn't the place to find a definitive answer.

On here, you will find a bunch of British people, mostly well past the age of education, who know very little about a GED from the USA. (We don't have High School Diplomas in Britain: I don't know where you got the idea we did).

You would be much, much better off either contacting the University where you'd like to study and asking for their entry criteria for overseas students, to contacting your nearest French consulate for advice on general requirements.

I didn't say the UK has a highschool diploma but as I understand the GED is accepted in the UK.

The GED is an american equivalent of a highschool diploma.

I have a friend who went there and asked at the university and they said yes it's accepted but the guy had no idea what the GED was which made me skeptical.

And I just sent them an email, hopefully they will reply soon.

Don't know what else I can do.

Halnex

The GED may be the equivalent of a high school diploma, but you have to understand, that neither the UK nor France has a high school diploma. Your question therefore has no relevance to either country and as suggested above, a direct approach to the university will get a definitive answer.

[quote user="Halnex"]I didn't say the UK has a highschool diploma but as I understand the GED is accepted in the UK. [/quote]

You might not have intended saying it but you did, the omission of two words made it so:

am in the process of getting the GED which is accepted as the equivalent of a High School diploma in the United States and other English speaking countries like the U.K. and Canada.

What is your country?

Well done.

There goes another contributor welcomed onto the forum for "a bunch of British people, mostly well past the

age of education"

I somehow had the idea that this is "an open discussion board for francophiles";
there used to be plenty on here who would parade their knowledge of education systems around the world.

Probably not many of his age can handle the brilliant and cutting repartee he received; at least he managed to hang on for 3 posts.

And is it
really important whether a secondary education leaving qualification is called a diploma, a certificate, or something else?

Yeah...because, of course, once (s)he got an answer, they would have hung around and become a regular contributor.

And I'm going to be the next London Mayor.

Like the person who joined to ask where they could get info about fuel availability (check it out. I think I was more than helpful) and has thus far contributed nothing further. Not even a "Thank you"