Mitsubishi Pajero UK Registered going to live in France

Peter S Bartlett

Re Earlier posting of Right hand drive imported Pajero with UK plates going to reside in France.

Mitsubishi advise me of the following :-

Since my vehicle is 1994 they wont supply a C of C since they only do the certificate for vehicles manufactured after 1998.

I have now been advised to get an SVA test which apparently issues a document that is similar to a C of C.

Have anyone heard anything about this procedure – and is the SVA test document good enough for the authorities in France?

Thanks

Pete and Sue

Especial thanks to Le Petit Hibou who helped a lot

Hi,

Well, as no on else has replied I will tell you what we havehad to do with an imported Mitsibushi in the past.

I am not sure what an SVA test is but my thoughts are that it is possibly the test required at your local Mines (DRIRE) to gain you the certificate.

Reading your post again, is the car still in the UK, if so, is the SVA a British test or ?

What you might consider is two things:

1.Selling the car in the UK, often the simplest, easiest and best route to take    or,

2.Bring the car with you and ask Mitsibushi France for the attestation de conformité, this can be long winded but I think that somewhere on this forum, someone has put a name down for one to contact. The likelihood then, is that you will need to visit the Mines to get it attested to French norm. They will want to check lights, tyre type and tyre size, brakes, Vin plate whereabouts and chassis plates and a few other things.

As you can see, plenty to think about, if you are willing to go through that, then steel yourself, have plenty of patience and go for it.

For others who say how easy it all is, yes it is in many cases, we have reimmatriculated more cars than most here but Japanese imports (if it is a grey import, be ready for sleepless nights and the possibility of never passing)and American motors can be a pain in the butt !!

Good luck