What r u paying for insurance?

SaligoBay

AXA bill just in, up to a whopping 530 euros to insure 11-year-old Renault Laguna. 

We thought of buying a 2001 Subaru Legacy (2.5), but with Axa the insurance would be 1000 euros fully comp.  Double

What are you paying this year, and with whom?

[quote]AXA bill just in, up to a whopping 530 euros to insure 11-year-old Renault Laguna. We thought of buying a 2001 Subaru Legacy (2.5), but with Axa the insurance would be 1000 euros fully comp. Doub...[/quote]

You must've been very naughty in the past SB, as I have just paid about 1/2 of your Laguna premium for a similar car (but newer) - with AXA.

Also, MR2 G-Limited, 235E (Comp, breakdown etc, AXA). Clio about 220E (AXA again)......

NT not necessarily. If one buys a second car here that say one hadn't got in the UK. (Not that they were counting UK no claims when we arrived anyway.) Then this 'new' car is classed at full whack. And takes the 10 or so years to get down to 50% no claims. Well that is what our insurer does and that is certainly how it always was and I thought still was.

Saligo, try the MACIF, they are usually pretty reasonable.

Citroen Xantia 2 ltr year 2000 with Groupama around 480 euros....(this is a RHD do not know if that changes anything) but am sure the renewal will have some shocks our end as we had some vandalism damage.

Anyway SB you can afford it ...YOU have a job!

PS we have 50% bonus....eventhough we have only beenhere 2 years.

Mrs O

750 for third party fire and theft. About 3 years NCB. Land Rover 110 2.5 diesel engine. Clean license. RHD.

I'm with Generali.

I've posted a query regarding the CV rating and insurance: mine was 17 and is now 7 (broker got engine info wrong) but the premium hasn't changed.

I have a Picasso 1.8i16v -year 2000(7CV) This year's cost is 555€ and that is with more than ten years ncb in France. AGF,not the cheapest by a long chalk but convenient for me as I have other things with them currently.We also have four other vehicles with the same company who are much cheaper so may switch to them eventually the other items begin to increase as well. I should add that I pay semestriel and this adds about 10€ on each time.

I pay 238euros a year (FULLY COMP) for a Peugeot 306TDi ... I have a full no claims, I'm self employed, I'm in my 30's ...

A few problems you all seem to have:

1.  You've insured your car with an expensive company - ie.AXA!

2.  Where do you insure your house? health? etc ... you will find that it's a lot cheaper if you take ALL your insurance to one insurer.

I pay just under 800euros for 2 houses, a car and odds & ends .. I will never go back to AXA or AGF (who were both more than double!)

430 euros for a 2005 Hyundai Sante Fe 8cv 2 litre CRDi - with AGF. This is Fully Comp with max NCB and clean licence. I didn't think that was too bad and certainly less than I would have paid in the UK.

Tony

I pay 238euros a year (FULLY COMP) for a Peugeot 306TDi ... I have a full no claims, I'm self employed, I'm in my 30's ...

A few problems you all seem to have:

1.  You've insured your car with an expensive company - ie.AXA!

2.  Where do you insure your house? health? etc ... you will find that it's a lot cheaper if you take ALL your insurance to one insurer.

I pay just under 800euros for 2 houses, a car and odds & ends .. I will never go back to AXA or AGF (who were both more than double!)

Who are you insured with?

Our house insurance is also with Axa, but a different agent, and I'm somewhat surprised at that too, nearly 500 euros quote this year for a small, 2-bedroom house, no valuable items listed or anything.   Health is with TOH's company mutuelle, no choice there.

Thank you for your replies, everyone.   New car's insurance will be with A.N.Other company, deffo not Axa!    I might start my research with Peter Mpprh, cos he's got Cheddar in his freezer.......

[quote]NT not necessarily. If one buys a second car here that say one hadn't got in the UK. (Not that they were counting UK no claims when we arrived anyway.) Then this 'new' car is classed at full whack. An...[/quote]

Not necessarily so TU.  When we arrived here two years ago we bought an 18 month old Renault Scenic and with a letter from my husband's last employer in the UK to say that he had worked for them for over ten years without making a claim we got 30% discount (not the 50% we would have got in the UK I must admit, but we had been told we wouldn't get anything).  We paid 570 the first year but this last year has been 620€ fully comp and paying monthly.  This also includes windscreen breakage and europe-wide breakdown.  That's through a broker in Britanny, Gordon Eaton, who I think many on this site have used in the past.  My 12 year old Fiesta 1.4 was £300 a year third party in the UK, so we were quite happy with the Scenic quote.

Here in deepest rural Charente my filing system is up the creek. I can only find email from the brokers (the insurance is with Generali and includes breakdown cover for all vehicles) which states that the premium required this year was €575.84  for the three vehicles.

8 year old Xantia - fully comp

Old Ford Transit - third party fire and theft

20 year old mobylette - third party fire and theft

Car and van are LHD and we have full no claims bonus.

Not bad methinks

I think A+ is right in that you get discounts and/or more favourable treatment if you have all your eggs in one basket.

750 euros for Renault Scenic, comp incl breakdown. This is with 24% discount with AGF.

Dave

Gosh it does vary doesn't it.

Well we have a 10 year old Nissan Terrano 2.5 diesel 4 x 4, top policy all things covered 300 euro per year and we also have a 5 year old Ford Transit Hi Top Long Wheel base van which was 310 euro for a year, again top policy. We thought the prices were excellant. Both french vehicles and we have been here 3 years. Groupama is our company.