No tax disk...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Its a chuffing joke you old cadaver! Don't get all born again christian on me! Zeb100... go buy a task disk...[/quote]

**Its a chuffing joke you old cadaver! Don't get all born again christian on me!**

LOL!! There is a joke here somewhere but I'll let others decide who or where it is.

[quote]Ty, next time you are up North have a look in the car park at Plertuit (Dinard) airport. Its difficult to park there because there are so many Brit cars there on a near full time basis. I don't know f...[/quote]

It used to be the same at Rodez airport until some of the MOT failures and wrecks parked there actually offended the French taste by looking rusty and ugly and were removed.  

[quote]Ty, next time you are up North have a look in the car park at Plertuit (Dinard) airport. Its difficult to park there because there are so many Brit cars there on a near full time basis. I don't know f...[/quote]

Actually, they have tidied up Dinard airport, including removing all those cars (a fair proportion of which, it must be said, were from the Channel Islands).

One can actually park there now!

There were rumours that the contractor was working with the DVLA (and the CI equivalent) to charge the owners for their removal.

[quote]Actually, they have tidied up Dinard airport, including removing all those cars (a fair proportion of which, it must be said, were from the Channel Islands). One can actually park there now! There w...[/quote]

I know for a fact that they were towing Brit and Channel Island cars left parked for long periods of time in the 'free' parking area of BF in St Malo.

Hello naps

Perhaps it is something to do with democracy. My opinion is maybe different to your opinion so that gives us a point of debate. A lot of people on this forum are very typically british with a vocabulary limited to the words ban, prohibit, scrounge. If I want to have british cars and choose not to pay for a "road fund licence" the that is my business. I happen to have two and they are neither old or tatty or rusty and they are fully insured and indeed on two occasions my insurer paid for claims one of them a total loss.

Mr. korrigan is inciting people to commit a criminal offense. Now as we all know this is against the rules of this forum. The question is has he been warned has he been struck off I think one of the moderators should tell us.

A lot of people on this forum are very typically british with a vocabulary limited to the words ban, prohibit, scrounge. If I want to have british cars and choose not to pay for a "road fund licence" the that is my business.

What utter rot......... and the french 'like' scroungers and abusers?....... When you get to really know french people and they open up fully, you will find it is pretty much the same.

As your reply was addressed to me, I feel I must reply.  Although our opinions may differ on some things (wouldn't it be a dull world if peoples opinions didn't differ), I do agree that it is not a good idea to wage a one man war against the tax dodgers, nor to encourage criminal behaviour - two wrongs don't make a right.

Regarding other claims of airport car parks being congested with un-taxed British cars being left there while people are in the UK, I don't think this is relevant, if the car had been legally imported and within the French system it would still be left at the airport while the owner was in the UK - it's more a matter of there being free unlimited parking at the aiports.

Whether or not it complies with European and French law to be resident in France and not immatriculate your vehicles in France is very much a grey area, and the subject has been debated at length many times.

Some insurers have given the benefit of the doubt in the past, but there are signs that many of them are tightening up and refusing to offer cover beyond a certain number of months without a French registration number.

There are many reasons for not re-immatriculating a vehicle. The most common seem to be laziness, ignorance, lack of money or having a vehicle that does not meet French specifications.

No road tax is payable on private vehicles in France anyway, and you are effectively preventing yourself returning to Britain with your vehicle, or laying yourself open to payment of back tax and a large fine if you do.

No greyness,to be legal in France you must have insurance,be registered with your commune,and,if old enough,your vehicle must have a CT.Read the policy not the certificate.It will say something like the following " it is the insured's responsibility to maintain the vehicle in a legal and roadworthy condition".

Zeb100, what are you on about? You ought to read the post more closely. Its regarding totally illegal vehicles. The ones not showing CT, insurance and/or tax. What's your problem then? Live and let live...? You mean turn a blind eye like a coward who cares nothing for law and order or standing up for whats right...? If you saw a crime being commited would you turn a blind eye on the basis that as its not happening to you then its O.K...?

I would have thought criminal damage is a lot more serious than a tax offence and who the hell is TY a policeman now or is he just bored because I would love to see him creeping around with his pliers and getting caught by the police or the owner  but thinking again the more crap people speak the less actions they do and some of you make a good little team with him this forum should be about helping folks out.  TY you are a sad little man to advocate pulling peoples valves out, I was thinking how easy it would be for them to find you through this forum because there is a good chance they are on this forum 

With this topic in mind, and with a few minutes to spare, I had a mooch round the car park at Caen ferry port this morning, hoping nobody marked me down as a saddo playing at gendarmes. I was quite surprised. Of a fairly large number of British registered vehicles, less than a quarter had valid British tax discs. Of the rest, only one displayed any French insurance on the screen and none had a controle technique (all of the untaxed ones looked definitely old enough to need one). So based on that very unscientific sample this would appear potentially to be a larger problem than I for one thought.

On the other hand there were several RHD vehicles that carried French plates. So at least some people try to do things properly.

Oh cry baby TY wants everyone to agree with his crap otherwise he sends baby messages  I got your PM and it made me laugh

You know how to give a lot of crap to a lot of people who do not fit in with your idea of TYs personal police state but sadly you wet yourself when you get just a little back

grow up

Will these people who think it is clever to drive around with no tax or insurance,please let us know where they live so we can avoid those areas;I don't want me,or more importantly,my children hit by an uninsured vehicle!