Auto Toll Badge

Fiona

We have recently purchased a house in the South of France and my partner intends to drive there in late March.  I have read with interest all the correspondence regarding the Auto Toll but wonder if there is a 2.0m height restriction on the lanes.  We have a Landrover Discovery which is over this.  Have any other members passed through in Discos??

Secondly, someone mentioned that there are "English Side" paying booths (cannot recall ever seeing one myself!).  However, if there are, could it perhaps just be on certain roads?

Since you clearly want a reply not sure why it says read only in the title.

Yes there is a 2m high restriction with height gates at the booths so if you are too high you will probably not get through and yes there are English booths - near Calais at least.  However these are by no means universal and I have not seen one for example at the A7 exit South of Lyon.

Hi Fiona

The height restriction is correct - we have a Peugeot 807 and cannot go through with the roof box on.  There is also often a height restriction on the credit card only lanes. 

There is definitely an English booth at the entrance to the A16 in Boulogne, but I've never seen one on exit. 

We did have an auto toll badge when we had our old car (Peugeot 406), but found that when we changed cars, the machines couldn't read the badge anymore due to the angle of the windscreen.  Despite several attempts and test journeys with the lady from the LiberT office, we could not get the thing to work, so reluctantly had to cancel the contract.

Hope this helps

Marie