What if an accident??

Jonzjob

I have just found this site that may help if you are involved in an accident here in France.. It lays out what you should do and there is a translation of the accident form that we ALL carry in our car, don't we??? In fact we have always carried both the french and English ones since we had an accident bublebublebuble years ago.

http://www.insurance.fr/responsible.htm .

I have nothing to do with this company, but I thought that it may well help someone at a very unfortunate time?

Good luck and may you NEVER have to use it!

Thanks, Jon.

It's also handy to carry a cheap camera in the glovebox - not only for accidents but if you're like me you'll often see weird stuff when you're out and you'll want to take a photo.  Or maybe you're not like me.  So forget that.

I believe that this stems from a belief among Catholics (I was one myself) that you are not allowed into heaven unless you are (a) Catholic and (b) in a state of clean underwear.  Or was that grace?  I was hopeless at catechism.

I also keep an English version of the form in my car from my old insurer - it looks roughly the same.

I'm pretty sure it's identical. Otherwise, how come I understand it?.

One thing I've always wondered about is, if you have a crash and use the form, where do you get a replacement from?.

Mine was printed on an old hand rolled printing machine, by the looks of things...

[quote user="Tresco"]
  1. I'm pretty sure it's identical. Otherwise, how come I understand it?.
  2. One thing I've always wondered about is, if you have a crash and use the form, where do you get a replacement from?

[/quote]

1. French forms which differ in one important respect.
  2. I presume your insurer sends you one.

Are you on the wind-up, Tresco? [:)]

[quote user="Cassis"]

1. French forms which differ in one important respect.

2. I presume your insurer sends you one.

Are you on the wind-up, Tresco? [:)]
[/quote]

Noooooooo.

Re 1. I meant...Oh you know what I meant.

Re 2. Yes, well, I tend to just file it in a sensible place. No wonder the envelopes are so fat![:)]

I haven't ever crashed a car, you see. I have a form in the car, and now, it seems, several dozen in a cupboard somewhere.[:D]

Also, I have an OH. Insurance is one of the things which he is better at than me (though that has been the subject of some debate in the Tresco household recently).

Let me put it this way; when I say, 'I file' I was previously under the impression that he looked at the Bumf before I filed.

If anyone wants to say how shocking this is, come and inspect my muscles, compared to his. We have an unusual division of labour in this house....which may be about to change.

[quote user="hastobe"][quote user="Will "]Well, according to my old mother, as long as you had clean underwear on, everything would be perfect if you had an accident.[/quote]

Depends what sort of accident [;-)] underwear may not look quite so perfect after....

Kathie

[/quote]

It can be quite difficult to get some skids under control.

My presents should be enough, so back off from the welcome newcommer. Wadyathink tjis is, some grandma skool or somefin?

What are you a bloody sausage or a saussicon? Make up yer mind cell?

Oh, I didn't go any further down the skid pan. Good advice!

I don't. I alwayz wanted to be a chip off the old block!

Anyone know where the old block is?

OK OK OK it's happened. the lunatics are in charge of the asylum. I knew it would happen.

I tried, 'onest I tried to start a serious post about what to do if you were in the unfortunate position of having an accident. And what happens. We are talking to a bloody sausage! Oh yes and a small ape. OK I give in, where is the white van, I'll go quietly. HHEELLPP!!!