Speeding Fines

Bluebells

I bought my house 12 months ago, for about the last 3 months I have been receiving speeding fines addressed to the previous occupant (the first of which I just ripped open before I saw the name) I am aware that he sold the car concerned to another person in France and have been assurred all documentation for the sale was completed.   I have written to the authorities to tell them 'the Story' forwarded the bills on to the previous owner and the new car owner, but yet more speeding fines arrive - any suggestions and any liaibilty to me , your suggestions as always most welcome?

[quote user="Bluebells"]

I bought my house 12 months ago, for about the last 3 months I have been receiving speeding fines addressed to the previous occupant (the first of which I just ripped open before I saw the name) I am aware that he sold the car concerned to another person in France and have been assurred all documentation for the sale was completed.   I have written to the authorities to tell them 'the Story' forwarded the bills on to the previous owner and the new car owner, but yet more speeding fines arrive - any suggestions and any liaibilty to me , your suggestions as always most welcome?

[/quote]

If you don't or never have owned the car on the "tickets", I'd just ditch the letters - it simply isn't your responsibility. You will get no thanks trying to do some half-wit functionaries job for them.

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

If you don't or never have owned the car on the "tickets", I'd just ditch the letters - it simply isn't your responsibility. You will get no thanks trying to do some half-wit functionaries job for them.

[/quote]

I would imagine that there are possibly serious consequences for ditching (destroying) mail that is not yours. I would think it better to take them to the local La Poste to have them returned to whoever is sending them.