Long duration European breakdown assistance?

Jon 1

Do you have any advice on a company that provides European breakdown assistance for a long duration?

Most of them curtail  at a max of 90 days which is insufficient for my requirements.  I require breakdown assistance for about 4-5 months.

Failing cover, what advice on contact numbers for breakdown on autoroutes and elsewhere?

Europe Assistance do yearly cover from the UK,  although I think there is a limit of 180 days.   It's what we use in circumstances similar to yours.

As far as I know if you break down on a motorway there is no alternative to being rescued other than by an agreed rescue service who are summoned by the gendarmes when you use the motorway telephones.   But you can claim the cost back if you are with EA,  who will give advice and help you once you're off the motorway.   AFAIK only agreed breakdown service agents are given access to the motorways in France.

I stand to be corrected on that but it's my understanding after prodding EA to be specific.

[quote user="Jon"]

Do you have any advice on a company that provides European breakdown assistance for a long duration?

[/quote]

Try Saga - you will need the complete insurance package, but it's unlimited European cover