Anyone own an automatic Peugeot 206/307?

Having problems with my tiptronic auto gearbox and it's been a problem ever since I bought my car brand new 18 months ago.

Only occurs on the motorway in summer (so obviously some sort of overheating problem), but after a while the gearbox shifts back into 3rd and you can't change up or down if you put it in manual mode. The only way of clearing the problem is to switch the engine off and restart the car, but then this is only a temporary solution. If I put it into snow mode, the gearbox behaves more normally, but obviously this is no solution and it's bloody scary travelling at 130km/h to have the car suddenly shift back into 3rd!

Been back to the dealership several times, each time saying they've fixed it. As I say, it only occurs at high speed on the motorway and fortunately I don't do much of this, but this is besides the point. I pay top dollar for a car, I expect it to be able to do what it is designed to do.

Anyone have this problem with their Peugeots and found a solution? Goes in again next Wednesday.

I found this problem on a Ford site caused by a  key engine sensor that detects the volume of air

being drawn into the engine being dirty. 

Might be worth a look (http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cleanmaf.htm)

must be something about the 206s.  My sister has an 03 edition which has spent a large part of its life back at the dealership being fixed.   For some reason - known only to itself - the air con suddenly decides to spray the passengers with water rather like a mobile shower, the sunroof opens for no apparent reason as well as several trips back because the paint job on the bonnet is so ropey that it looked a different shade to the rest of the car.   Likewise, every time she gets the car back the garage insists its fixed and the problems won't happen again but then weeks later.....................

Put a computer brain into the thing and this is what happens!

I suppose it's a fact that French cars are the most inreliable. But then, they are more reliable than English cars by default (considering mass produced British car manufacturers are non existant). Just a dig at Jeremy Clarkson there.

Well my car has been in 3 times this week each time claiming it has been repaired. I have to pick it up tomorrow (Saturday) and see if they really mean in this time.

I've had this car from new, and it has been back for this problem about 10 times. If it is not fixed this time, I might seriously have to look at exchanging it which I don't really want to do as I love the car apart from this problem.

Anyone know where I stand legally on this? Can I demand another car? The warranty expires in October.

If it were me I would ask to see the owner of the dealership now. record the facts about how many times it has been back to them. I do not think you can demand a new car, What you might well get is at least the 'Argus' trade in for a new car which unlike the Uk would probabbaly be a good deal. In passing I am pretty sure the 206 was built in the old Rootes factory south of Coventry or north of Croperdy for Fairport Convention / Jensen fans  .