Translation of car part words please....!

Mark

Just putting a classified ad in a freebie local paper.  Does anyone know the French for 'roofrack' and 'spotlights' (ie the two extra lights I rather unnecessarily had added to the bull bars on my Land Rover when I bought it)?  Actually, those bull bars were also rather unnecessarily added at the same time, thinking about it.

My Collins mega-dictionary, usually fairly reliable, has let me down....

Thank you [:)] 

[quote user="J.R."]

Barres de toit are roof bars that fit to roof rails so perhaps galerie de toit?

You should at least get some interesting replys, how are you going to cope with the telephone enquiries if your French is not that good?

[/quote]

I can just about do normal stuff like arranging a meeting with prospective buyers but Land Rover toy vocab was never covered at school...[8-)]

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="nicktrollope"]Wot's a catalytic convertor (or rather wot is it in French) - one of our vans needs a new one....[/quote]

Google says....

convertisseur catalytique

[/quote]

Turns out to be pot catalytic - confirmed by the girl in the garage (thanks Missy) - 460€!! HT!!! So I bought on off t'internet for £140 delivered (here).

AI have (I subsequently discovered) got a glossary of terms (for lots of things, including vehicles). But as AI is published by a bunch of idiots, I am not going to post the link!