Controle Technique

oliveau

I've had a look at the old posts and can't find the answer to this one:

The Procès Verbal has 2 sections:-

'Defauts a corriger avec obligation d'une contre visite' - Now that's obvious to me; You have to get it fixed and go back for a retest on that fault within 2 months.

'Defauts a corriger sans obligation d'une contre visite' - That's the one that's throwing me. How long have you got to get those defaults fixed? What's the penalty for not doing so? If only thes 2nd faults are noted, have you got a valid CT?

I'm sure SD will be along with his usual mine of information, but I'll pm him in case he's sleeping in the sun!

Peter 

[quote user="oliveau"]

'Defauts a corriger sans obligation d'une contre visite' - That's the one that's throwing me. How long have you got to get those defaults fixed? What's the penalty for not doing so? If only thes 2nd faults are noted, have you got a valid CT?

[/quote]

He is all that ideed, but I got here first.

As long as you like, nothing and yes.

Beat that SD!

On the same subject we have something to put right within 2 months but my husband wasn't given a CT sticker for the windscreen and the old on was taken.  There is a note on the carte gris stamped by the garage to the effect that the car has to be returned by a date in July.  Is this normal and if stopped by the police will it be acceptable?  I worry unlike my husband!