Number Plates again....

Crevette

I get the impression that a lot of people try to "beat the speed cameras" by "modifying" the number plates.

E.G. A common practice seems to be filling in parts of an "8" so that it is hard to distinguish from a 0. Can't see any other reason to do this. Also, I have seen a lot of cars which do not have the european country symbol on them so you have no idea which country they are from.

Perhaps this explains why some people feel it perfectly safe to go along at incredible speeds, oblivious to the speed cameras...

-Rob-

(and on another note...)

What do people think about how much the parking fines are?

I live in central paris and I am really pissed off with people parking absolutely anywhere (especially big cars parked on street corners - I have almost had an accident because of this on a number of occasions).

I feel the existing parking fines of €35 are really not working (glad they didn't have an amnesty this time by the way - how crazy!). It actually costs about the same to leave your car in the garage for 24 hours so there is little incentive to put it in a garage.

I would really like to see the fines increased - especially those who park on street corners.

-Rob-

I have the ultimate answer in that I don't live and would NEVER live in Paris, or London where I was born. I hate the places and the fast impersonal places they tend to be. I know some folks love to live in these and other similar cities and I love these folks because they leave the countryside free for people like me [:D][:D][:D]!!?