keeping a car in france

reggieboy

Our house is 1 hour from Limoges and I have to hire a car to reach the house. I would like to keep a  car in France but obviously someone would have to ferry us to and from airport. Rather than leave a car at the airport, and until we move to France, has anyone any ideas please?

The lock up is a sensible idea, thank you, and I have also heard that charges are iminent at Limoges and other airports in France. Also I do not think I could trust leaving at airport especially with amount of 'vehicles' left now, and congestion at peak times. I am out on 19th so will do a bit of searching and report back to forum.

Sounds like there is soon to be an "Off Airport Parking "  business opportunity for sombody with a field near the airport  that people could taxi themselves to and from .....or pay a charge to pick up and deliver their cars to and from the terminial  to meet flights .  I am 34 klm from La Rochelle Airport and Easyjet are now flying there from Bristol ....the thought of getting an old  car has crossed my mind  but not happy about just leaving it parked up for weeks at a time .I like the thought of some security .....I pay to leave a caravan in a compound .....I would pay to leave a car near the airport in a compound too .   

I have been looking at La Rochelle - I've even thought of buying a barn/compound between about 10 people as a way of cutting the cost.  As you say, an ideal opportunity for somebody.  The Spanish seem to have worked this out.

You just need a field under the watchful eye of an adjacent house holder with a  barbed wire fence round to deter people  and a trench   you cant  drive out  over so that  only access is via a metal 5 bar gate that is well security chained and padlocked ..You can even get contact alarms for the gates ............there must be hundreds of places close to the airports that fit the bill.......could be any easy retirement income for the right property owner who gets the permissons to use the ground as a car park .