changing licence

Belle

We took our English licenses to out Marie and they did all the rest, all we needed to do was provide a stamped addressed envelope. 

We changed ours as my wife, being diabetic doesn't have to renew her license every 3 years, and they both go on beyond 70.

I think this is a difficult question as every department is so different.

I took a friend to Niort yesterday to obtain a french licence. He is 70 next week.

He had to take;

2 photographs

passport, photocopy of picture page

2 utility bills ; He filled in a simple form there. Gave his two parts of  uk licence back; Also an SAE;

Paid 25 Euros. It took 15 mins, and licence will be sent to him in a few days. His forcoming birthday wasn't mentioned.

• 2 months later...
I believe that if you wish to keep the possibility of towing a heavy trailer or caravan, the 'E' category on the UK licence, you must provide a doctor's certificate with your paperwork. We know someone who lost this facility when changing from UKI to French licence.

And the mairie.

Exchanging licences is yet another example of national rules being applied differently in different depts. so obtain a list of the various docs required from your own area. The price varies too 46 is "free".

John

[quote user="Val_2"]That is correct, UK entitlements are not transferrerd usually to a french licence unless the demander prooves the requirements necessary.Most permits here are B class.[/quote]

There is no requirement to prove a need for the groups.  If they are on the UK licence then they are transfered to the French licence provided the medical requirements are satisfied.