SIT ON MOWER TYRE PROBLEM

chirpy

I have rear tyre 18x8.50-8 which had a punture 2 years ago.

last week I found it flat and tyre off the rim.-naturaly my small electric air compressor is not strong enough to blowit up.

So I took it to a trye repair shop and showed them the repair spot they had plugged  before and ask ed for them to check tyre.

They could not put tyre back onto the rim!!!shrugged and pointed to the shop where I bought the mower.they blew up the tyre and it went back onto the rim.

after another 2 weeks of work I found the tyre flat again.[8-)]

Is it possible for the tyre not to sit on rim and allow air out and if so does that mean a new rim??

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN A TYRE COME OFF THE RIM.

THANKS.

yep, I would say fit an inner tube.

I used the emergency foam aerosol thing on the front wheel of mine and although it is holding, the tyre is now slightly out-of-round. Hardly a big hardship on a mower but annoying all the same. I will fit a tube one day when I can be bothered. Both the rears now have tubes after a vazriety of punctures and other problems, and I havent had any go flat since.

An old trick for getting a tyre to seal back onto the rim.

Pour a TINY bit of petrol or lighter fluid into the tyre then chuck a lighted match in, the resultant small explosion will reseal it and partially inflate it to boot.

Once you have fully inflated it pour some water round the bead to see where the air is escaping from or better still, dunk it in a barrel of water.