Adding a named driver

Panda

Hello

Does any one know if it is straight forward to add an additional named driver to a french insurance policy? Is there any particular terms I should be aware of? I want add my brother in-law to my fully comp policy.

Thanks

Is that the case though or is it one of those myths?   Others have said this to me but have been unable to point to where their policy states this. My policy states me and OH named, nothing else about other drivers, I'm with Groupama.

I did this recently.  I just phoned my broker and the name was added at no extra cost, but the additional driver's use is limited to a certain number of months per year (I forget the exact details off hand) As Hagar says, simplest just to contact your insurer.

[quote user="Panda"]Thanks coops I will, I'm not convinced on the whole all drivers are covered line though.[/quote]I know what you mean.  Although this is a good theory, it does - as you say - beg the question as to why there are nominated drivers on the policy in the first place.  Could this be similar to the UK where they are insured but only third party or something similar and/or that they are supposedly covered under their own policy?

Our policy is with MMA and we added my brother in law for a couple of weeks when he was here on holiday.  It was free for "proches" (family) - he had to show his UK driving licence but he had the same cover as us.  Our daughter lives in UK but is permanently on our policy - she is named but it was free to add her.

[quote user="Panda"]Thanks coops I will, I'm not convinced on the whole all drivers are covered line though.[/quote]

There are some restrictions/excess for inexperienced drivers on my own policy(ies) but they definitely include any driver who has held a license for at least 3 years.

rgds

hagar

• 1 month later...
[quote user="Hagar"]

[quote user="Panda"]Thanks coops I will, I'm not convinced on the whole all drivers are covered line though.[/quote]

There are some restrictions/excess for inexperienced drivers on my own policy(ies) but they definitely include any driver who has held a license for at least 3 years.

rgds

hagar

[/quote]

Just to finish this one off, I applied to have my BIL added to my policy and I recieved a call from my agent who said that my policy was any driver and that nothing needed to be done, so I was cynical and I was wrong.  I owe Hagar an apology for doubting him!