Removals from West Midlands to Normandy

Hi

We need to find a removal/storage company for our forthcoming move, and having read some horror stories on this site, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any recommendations. We'll be moving out of our house near Coventry in early August and going to live short-term in a house owned by friends (in the UK). We plan to be moving to Le Havre in Normandy at some point between September and November. So we need a firm that can reliably put most of our stuff into storage from early August, and then deliver it over to Le Havre for us once we know the date.

Grateful for any advice on who to use (or even who to avoid!).

Thanks,

Rob

We used et brokers- you can find them on the internet. You pay them a small fee ( I think it was £10.) and they find a removal company for you.

They saved us an absolute fortune and the company that eventually moved our stuff were fantastic. 

Hi

I don't know about Normandy but i know of an excellent removal company that took some of our things down to the Gers.   They are based in Bristol but will collect from anywhere - we actually took our things to them as we were having a lot of new furniture but they would have collected and we live in Shopshire.  They deliver virtually every week to South West France but they may well stop elsewhere on route.  They were so reasonable, extremely helpful and friendly and the service was superb.  All arrived in one piece, in the week that they promised which was the most suitable for us.  They are Langdons removals in Bristol and the contact was Ian Yandall Ian Yandall [[email protected]]

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi

We moved last August into storage and then in October from just outside Stratford upon Avon to Burgundy - had excellent service from Cotswold Carriers based in Chipping Norton.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

We used Eardley's of Crewe they stored our goodies for about 6 months then moved them all to The Charente from Stoke on Trent. There was the odd breakage but in general they were great... a cabinet was scratched and they have taken it back to the uk to be French Polished ( to save us finding a French French polisher)...

Friendly delivery guys who worked really hard  If you would like their number pm me

Cheers

Barry