Nissan Qashqai

JSA Aude

I too fail to see it's purpose but apparently it's sold very well in UK although I hesitate to label that a recommendation !

If you must have one then the 2.0l diesel appears to be the pick of the bunch simply because it has a chain driven cam so no worries about replacing fragile belts. Sad really when the only thing you can find to recommend about a car is that fact that it uses a chain instead of a belt which is of course what all cars used to use until the design was 'improved' upon !

I'd love to see some figures for the number of engines wrecked by belt failure.

Bought one in September. Absolutely delighted with it. Came down from a Previa which size we no longer needed. I tried most major marques of similar size and in my view got the best value. Have the petrol 1600 which cruises at (!) the motorway speed limit with acceleration/ speed to spare.  Good high driving position. For a medium-size hatch back it is stylish, very comfortable, has good boot size and easy to park in town.

My test drive was in the 1500 diesel which amazed me, but the fuel cost/ mpg ratio for our use led us elsewhere.

Pouyade

Funnily enough I popped into our local Nissan dealer this morning to have a look at the new Qashquai +2 which has 7 seats and is a bit longer.  I'm not interested in the 7 seats but the bit bigger load capacity looked useful. I've been debating whether to get a Grand Picasso but the 4WD of the the Qashquai might be useful. this was highlighted to me when we woke up to snow on the Causse last week.

The downside is that there isn't as much carrying capacity as the Picasso but then there isn't a 4WD option for the Picasso.

I'll probably go have a test drive of a diesel anyway.