Fiscal HP rate

Nick Trollope

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

The rate per CV is 32€ everywhere - except Paris....[;-)]

Halved if the vehicle is over 10 years old.

[/quote]

Ta!

I thort, however, that it was cheaper in some depts - which is why most hire cars seem to be registered in dept 60?

Everyone I've looked at quotes the same rate, although I'm aware that they only charge 27€ per CV in Beauvais. 

Unfortunately, you'd need to open a regional office there in order to register your van.......[;-)] 

You can check your own prefecture website for the local tariff.

I've trawled through the 22 prefecture website - gawd that is boring. No mention of the actual rate that I can find (plenty of references to 1/2 price deals on old knackers and extra money for commercials though).

Jolly good, I'll pop along to St Brieuc next week. or maybe the week after....

• 1 year later...
A little out of date I know but according to THIS there was once a significant variation from dept to dept. If such disparities do still exist then I'm sure, as the author points out, that the hire car companies will know where the best deal is to be had so take note of those number plates.

In reality of course it's of no use or consequence unless you happen to live in the favoured area [blink]

• 2 weeks later...

Just paid €33 per CV in Cahors, Lot (46) which on my eight and tree quarter year old Volvo V70 amounted to €330.

Still cheaper than waiting and having to get UK, MOT, Road Tax and Insurance.

Mind you the very nice man in the Prefecture told me that if I waited six weeks until the day after first UK registration, when the car would be over 9 years old, i.e. into its tenth year, the rate would be halved. Still couldn't wait so paid the extra and smiled and got my Carte Gris.

CV = Fiscal HP or Puissance.

You can find out what your car is rated at HERE, an XJ6 for instance is 14CV x €33 = €420 then halved if over 10 years old so = €210

Biggest I could find is the Bugatti Veyron - 118CV x 33 = €3540, but then I don't suppose that would really bother you if you owned one [Www]

[quote user="Nick Trollope"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

The rate per CV is 32€ everywhere - except Paris....[;-)]

Halved if the vehicle is over 10 years old.

[/quote]

Ta!

I thort, however, that it was cheaper in some depts - which is why most hire cars seem to be registered in dept 60?[/quote]

Is this link any use to you?

http://www.carte-grise.org/cout_carte_grise.htm