Renault Clio - Airbag Warning Light

Sweetpea

Bonjour

Are there any mechanics out there?

Yesterday, when going to Hyper-U, the Airbag light came on on the dashboard, along with the 'SERV' light (as opposed to the "STOP" light)

They are both still on today when I start the engine.

Any advice please??

Many thanks

The airbag light normally comes on automatically for a few seconds when you first start your car.  Does it go out again?  If so, nothing to worry about.

Is your Clio due for a service?  If it's a modern Renault diesel and therefore only needs a service every two years, the service light may well come on after a year by default.  If this is the case, your dealer should be able to reset it for you.

Mine does it regularly.  I have had it re-set several times but it appears every time something is adjusted or fixed.  Currently its because the car went for a CT and they pulled it about - she seems to take great offence at being interfered with!

If the car has been recently serviced etc (as mine has) and there is no apparent reason for the light being on, I've found that my light goes off again after about 100k until someone else fiddles with her brakes or whatever and she switches it back on again.   (Actually I was wondering if it was just my car that does this but obviously not.)

Whilst I think Framboise is probably correct and the car's just being quirky, I'd still get your airbags checked out to be sure.  Mine recently saved my life - no exageration - so I wouldn't trust to luck.  If you have a tame dealer and they've recently serviced the car then they ought to do this gratis, imo.

Get it checked ASAP. Two weeks after buying a new Picasso some years back, I foolishly ignored a warning light as I did not know what it was for and now know it was the airbag light. Less than 1km from home, the lateral airbag in the side of the driver's seat exploded and burned my shoulder and arm and left me with a ringing noise for 24hrs in my ears. If I had been on the local dual carriageway I could have had a nasty accident. Due to this, the dealers locally recalled all cars sold at the same time to be checked out.