how many cars can you own in 1 year?

glacier1

Hi!

Basically there is no limit, unless you start to trade with them, and then can be classed as a dealer.

The greater problem is local.

As long as you have building to park them, there are probably no problems - however if you have them parked outside, then best contact the Mairie.

As you should know, there can be specific regulations to park any caravan on your ground, and you have to ask if you need an authorisation.

Yours,

giantpanda

Thanks a lot for your help.  I ask because a friend of mine (french) was talking about buying a few BMW's in Germany, bringing 'em over here, selling 'em, and making a few hundred, or a grand or so now and again.  He will be trading, but un-officially.  Just curious that's all.

Greetz

I told him, in effect, it's highly risky, and illegal.  I heard from the guy that was infront of me in the perfecture that he dared not go further south than Rome, because buyers of 2nd hand cars in Italy are victims for gangs which are often armed......he said, the further south you go in Italy, the more problems you get.  Sounds totally unatractive, I do not understand why people do it!  Note to all forum members, DO NOT DO IT!  I was just shocked at what I heard, thought I'd share it with you guys! [:D]

[quote user="glacier1"]I told him, in effect, it's highly risky, and illegal.  I heard from the guy that was infront of me in the perfecture that he dared not go further south than Rome, because buyers of 2nd hand cars in Italy are victims for gangs which are often armed......he said, the further south you go in Italy, the more problems you get.  Sounds totally unatractive, I do not understand why people do it!  Note to all forum members, DO NOT DO IT!  I was just shocked at what I heard, thought I'd share it with you guys! [:D]
[/quote]

This does not surprise me after an experience a few weeks ago in Milan. Someone on a scooter pulled up next to us at a traffic light and punctured our tyre with some sort of gadget. If I hadn't spotted him doing something (I thought he was keying the car) we would have followed him after he came back five minutes later in the pretence of telling us about our flat and appearing to try to help us by telling us to follow him. We told him we saw him and drove off on our flat tyre. We later found out this is quite common and I don't even want to think about what could have happened, particularly hijacking our car with our little dog still in it.

I know it is off subject but thought it worth mentioning after your warning regarding in Italy.

jeeeeeeeeez!  That sounds like a well planned out attack!  I'm def not going to go down to Italy with the car!  You've gotta watch out for your life in southern med countries.  I'm happy here in my little part of France, at least it makes sense living and driving here!  Vive la france![:D]

My caravan was stolen from my house in July while the blummin' dog was sleeping!  Nobody heard anything.  Prior to that, Sep 2007 it was broken into in a caravan part, smashed the door, the guy in the caravan part just shruged his shoulders and said "c'est la vie!".  Prior to that I was in Spain with my caravan, 2 caravans away from me in the site I was staying in at Roquetas del Mar, near Almeria, the people were gassed.  They went in while they slept, stole everything, they woke up the day after with a massive headache!  I know I'm digressing, but I've just had a bad experience here with my caravan.  Police still have not found it!  It's gone by now! [:(]

How awful! I have never been caravaning but I think I would feel very unsafe after some of the incidents I have heard about like the ones you just mentioned.  It sounds very unlucky for the people that got gassed but very lucky it wasn't you but two caravans away!  I hope you get your caravan back some day.